Thursday, December 09, 2004

Vulgar Display of Power

I can’t believe this. A deranged Pantera fan who presumably blamed Dimebag Darrell for breaking up the band shot and killed the guitarist last night. Mark David Chapman, eat your heart out! What the hell is wrong with people? Not that it matters, but anybody who knows the first thing about Pantera understands Philip Anselmo, not Dimebag Darrell, was mainly responsible for the band’s demise. Still, nobody deserves to die for breaking up a band, not even Yoko Ono. I just hope there aren’t too many disgruntled Shuttlecock or Reformers fans out there. To make matters worse, the nutjob was wearing a Columbus Blue Jackets jersey. I'm relieved it didn't turn out to be left-winger Rick Nash. I would still like to lecture the surviving members of Pantera, especially Dimebag Darrell’s brother Vinnie Paul, for defiling the Stanley Cup after the Dallas Stars usurped the trophy in 1999. For what it’s worth, I still say Brett Hull was in the crease. For bonus points, name Pantera’s bass player without searching the Internet. I’ll give you a hint: it’s not Michael Anthony.

3 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

Terrible news. While I wasn't a really big fan of Pantera, I always loved reading Dimebag in interviews. He had this incredible passion about playing music.

Pantera's bassist was Rex Brown.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Very good. I owe you a Coke.

 
At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one cares about the NHL Matt.

-Long

 

Post a Comment

<< Home