Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes

Congratulations to TV on the Radio on winning the fourth annual Shortlist Music Prize. They put out a challenging record and deserve the recognition. Also, I've been told they do a mean cover of the Pixies' "Mr. Grieves."

For those of you who'd like to listen to U2's new record, How to Dismantle an Atom Bomb, before it comes out, click here.

Kim and I met last night with the Catholic priest who will be marrying us next June. He was really down-to-earth and didn't once tell us we were going to hell for living together in sin before getting married. It looks like I lost that bet. Kim invited him to the rehearsal dinner, and I began to wonder if priests actually enjoy hanging out with people who aren't priests. It reminds me of the chaplain from "Catch-22." The officers like the chaplain because he is a man of God but don't like him because they always have to be on their best behavior whenever he is around. Also, priests notice when your baby is crying. So take your crybaby to the cry room, if not for the priest, for me.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
I've been wanting to get a hold of you for a while, just to thank you for turning me on to some good bands. Going to see Coldplay next Sat.
Went to Radiohead last year and was wondering if you were there. Also The Cure, who I interviewed beforehand (except for Smith) nd went backstage.
Love Interpol too. Write me back (your former police reporter trainer Sarah at nerd22@hotmail.com). If this blog is not valid, I'll hunt you down at work this week!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home