Thursday, November 11, 2004

Glen Campbell Would Agree or It's All Greek To Me

I’m beginning to think Galveston is underrated. Sure, the beaches suck and there are a lot of shantytowns, but the people are really nice and the food is great. I got a gyro and Greek salad at Mediterranean Chef, a hole-in-the-wall restaurant on the Strand, and couldn’t believe how good it was. It’s satisfying being able to go out to eat and not give my hard-earned money to Landry’s owner Tillman Fertita, whose inferior restaurants debase the island, not to mention Kemah.

Has anybody heard the new Jimmy Eat World CD Futures? Track 10, “Night Drive,” has to be the worst song I’ve ever heard by a band I like. And what’s with Liz I-sold-my-soul-to-the-Matrix Phair singing backup on “Work?” Oh well. At least “Futures” and “Pain” kind of rock.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

I think they were working on "Work" and thought it sounded like Liz's "Divorce Song." So they called her up and she sang on the track.

While her new style isn't really up my alley, I still think "Extraordinary" is a great song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home