Sunday, November 14, 2004

Something 4 the Weekend

I found out on Friday morning that my grandfather (my dad's dad) passed away on Thursday evening. It's fitting that he died on Veterans' Day. He fought at D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge in World War II. Nazis couldn't kill him, but cancer did. I didn't know him all that well, but he will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family, especially my dad. It's a weird feeling losing your last grandparent. He was cremated, and services will be held in Michigan next weekend.

This weekend was fairly quiet and uneventful. I played guitar on Friday, completed online defensive driving on Saturday (that's an interesting story) and watched the Lions and Texans lose on Sunday. At least the Longhorns pulled out an amazing comeback on Saturday. I promise my next post won't be a downer. I think I got too much sleep this weekend, if there is such a thing.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Clearly, his lessons made their way down the generations, so you'll have excellent memories to hold onto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home